Meet Our Leadership Team!

Josh Fulmer

Assistant Director for Outdoor Adventures

Hometown: Albany, GA

Semesters with OA: 8

Favorite OA Trip: Multi-day canoeing on Black Creek

Dream OA Trip: Sailing from New Orleans to Cuba

Why I like working for OA: I enjoy facilitating new outdoor experiences in the Gulf South for the Tulane community.

Maya Jammulapati

Manager

Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT

Semesters with OA: 7

Favorite OA trip: OZARKS FALL BREAK BACKPACKING!!

Dream OA trip: I would love to drive out to Big Bend National Park and do a desert backpacking trip.

Why I like working for OA: OA has taught me that there are amazing and accessible ways to recreate in any environment. It has also helped me explore the fascinating ecology of the Gulf South.

Erin Rose Johnson

Program Assistant

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

Semesters with OA: 5

Favorite OA Trip: Black Creek Canoe & Camp or Late Night Climbing.

Dream OA Trip: I would love to do a big international trip to somewhere in Latin America or Canada! Or to a National Park out west!

Why I like working for OA: OA has brought me unique opportunities to explore the outdoors of Louisiana and the Gulf South! It’s been incredibly rewarding to facilitate these opportunities for other students, faculty, and staff. I’ve also made a lot of amazing friends and gained professional skills through the program!!

Jack Gillespie

Manager

Hometown: Bethesda, Maryland

Semesters with OA: 3

Favorite OA Trip: I love paddling, so my vote would be either Black Creek in Mississippi or the Blind River in Louisiana

Dream OA Trip: I want to run a weekend backpacking trip to Apalachicola National Forest in Florida!

Why I like working for OA: Outdoor Adventures is a really great way to see more of Louisiana and the Gulf South. New Orleans is great, but so is the rest of the state! I’ve also gotten the chance to meet so many amazing people, and formed so many friendships through trips!