By Isaac Schiff- Lewin
Happy Mardi Gras! Tulane Outdoor Adventures has these Carnival survival tips to help you maximize your parade season:
- Drink Lots of Water Hydration is key, especially if you’re also drinking alcohol.
- Eat Pre- parade or from a vendor along the route, eating well will help you maintain your energy for the long haul.
- Bring a Layer The weather is constantly changing during Carnival season, so keep a warm layer and a rain jacket on hand.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes You’ll put in a ton of miles before you know it, so pick a pair that’s comfortable and broken in.
- Keep Your Phone Charged A charger is a great idea, too.
- Write Down Important Numbers If you don’t follow suggestion 5 or lose your phone, you might struggle to remember phone numbers. While you’re at it, add the TUPD number: (504) 865-5911
- Stay With Your Friends If you DO find yourself with a dead phone, without a jacket, or wondering which direction is Uptown or Lakeside, your friends can help you out. Arrange a meetup spot if you do get separated.